The Bamboo Room, one of our Historic Queen accommodations, is the perfect choice for easing into the slow pace of island life and envisioning life as it used to be when the house was new.
A handmade Indonesian teak and cane poster bed has journeyed half way around the world to find its place here, joining a strikingly beautiful antique dresser whose own travels through time and various spaces have imbued it with character unattainable any other way. Sunlight modulated by Bahama shutters filters through the windows, passing through jeweled panes of stained glass, gracing the serendipity of it all.
So relax. Be transported to a less-hurried, less competitive time of genteel tranquility. Imagine Duval Street before it was paved, when dogs ran free, kids played stick ball in the street, and the sea was a source of sustenance, rather than recreation. Savor the salt-scented breeze as it ruffles the palm trees … you can almost hear the man with the vegetable cart hawking his wares as he comes this way, closer, closer … Wonder if he has any Spanish limes today?
$205 – $280
- private bath with large ceramic tile shower
- flat-screen cable TV, outbound telephone, WI-FI
- central air conditioning and ceiling fan
- quality furnishings, luxurious pillow-top bedding
- plush, 100% cotton bed and bath linens
- iHome dock, AM/FM clock radio, iron, and hair dryer