Tropical Inn is committed to making our website accessible to people with disabilities.
We have designed our website to be accessible for impaired users to see, navigate, interact and understand the content provided as per the World Wide Web Consortium’s Web Content Accessibility Guidelines 2.0 Level AA (WCAG 2.0 AA).
We have tested the functionality of this website with the achecker.ca tool and the Google Chrome Accessibility Audit tool. We have also tested keyboard only functionality so that people who use screen readers or can’t use a mouse are able to navigate through the website pages efficiently.
We continue to make every effort to meet evolving accessibility standards.
Accessible Features of the Property
- Accessible public entrance
- Accessible contactless check in
- Accessible self-parking area for cars and vans with ample access aisles
- Accessible route from parking area to cottage guestrooms
Accessible Features of our Superior Cottage Suite, Gecko’s Garden
- Entry has ramp approach and 32 inches of clear door width; requires less than 5 pounds force to open
- Lowered door viewer
- Lowered security latch
- Adjustable height hand-held shower wand
- Shower seat
- Grab bars in shower and above standard-height toilet
- Lowered towel rack and closet bar
- ADA Compliant height bathroom mirror
- Visual and audible fire alarm
- Hearing impaired alert devices for incoming telephone calls, alarms, and visitors at the door
- Television with closed captioning for hearing impaired individuals
If you find you are having difficulty determining availability or booking an accommodation via our online system, please contact us at the links below and we will be happy to assist you directly.
As we continue to improve our website functionality, we appreciate your concerns and suggestions. We welcome users to share accessibility issues you may find.